.... Career woman to home- maker continued

Wow, it;s been a while I stopped by here.... I read my initial post and realised I didn't finish that part of my journey to...unemployment (lol!!). I have decided to post the rest, which was written many years ago.  I am still on a journey and God willing will share some with you. So here's part 2...


Now as I look back, I realise how blessed I am to have made this decision and not for a moment will I take it back. It was not an easy road to tow; however certain events and relationships brought to a full glare what was imminent if I continued at the pace I was I going. I had to juggle been a mother of three beautiful girls (then), a minister in church and working in a fast paced multinational company. Travelling for conferences and meetings came with the job; I had a live in nanny and an extended family member as home front support; and my mother had to come in at some critical moments also (e.g. travelling out of the country 2 weeks after having a baby). Where is dh in all these you may ask? He also, has a demanding job but more flexibility than I did; so he worked a lot as a stay at home Dad to help me meet up with commitments at work.
Two relationships stirred my heart towards this downplayed job; a new neighbour I had when I moved house and my sister- in -law. They were both full time mothers and were very committed to it. Whenever I had the time to sit for a few minutes with them; I was amazed at the level of details they had concerning their children’s education, the attention paid to little details of their lives and also could not help noticing how confident these kids were. At most time these two offered me the support also I needed as our kids were in the same school. I remember I once forgot to send my driver to pick up my daughter because I was caught up in planning an important meeting!! My sister in law dashed off to the school before I could even ask for her help. Did I hear someone say it’s about being organized? You could be right; however, I was beginning to get tired of ‘outsourcing’ my responsibilities to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Career Woman to Home-maker

,,,career woman to home maker prt 3