From Career Woman to Home-maker



Digging through my archives, and decided to share this....
Urged on by a perfectly orchestrated play of events I started a new chapter of my life. I stepped out of a world described by some as perfect: the corporate world - full of its intrigues of power play, anxieties, rewards, disappointments and celebrations. In the midst of the glamour and glitz, my heart yearned for more. I yearned to spend time with my children; to have the luxury of taking them to school and been there when they return. Will it be right to drop the pay check for the unknown? Would I feel cheated when I run into that former colleague who has climbed to the top of the ladder and I am probably just “a full time mum”? Would I be called a non-achiever for not balancing work and family?
Will I be able to inspire my daughters to aim for the highest? Will they think I settled for less? What is more and what is less? Climbing up the ladder of your career or climbing up the ladder of your children’s hearts? Are they mutually exclusive?
Can I climb both? Will any tilt or topple?  I settle into my new “career with such enthusiasm and I gloat at the world of opportunities ahead of me.  Be right back >>>>
UJE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.... Career woman to home- maker continued

,,,career woman to home maker prt 3